Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One Year of Madness...

Yep, I'm going to bore you with another personal message :)

It has been a whole year since I started the Tabletop Fix, and as I wrote before, at first it was just an experiment. What will happen? Are people going to like it? How much work would it be? Do I really need an excuse to look at miniatures every day?

If you know me, you also know my infamous short attention span. I love to start new projects and I rarely finish them. My hobby room is cluttered with half-built, semi-painted models and rulebooks of systems I will most likely never actually play.

Therefore it is even more surprising that I am still updating the Fix every day (well, more or less). And well, I blame you. If the blog wouldn't have been such an amazing success and exceeded my expectations by far, I would have lost interest a long time ago. But know I get way over 1000 unique visitors every day. That's just mind-boggling. A thousand people look at this site every day? That' s like one person every 1 1/2 minutes, day or night. Just wow!

The last year was fun. I met a lot of new people and I learned a lot. The most fundamental thing I've learned was: If you do what you love, people will recognize it.
Therefore my advice to all of you:
Start something.
It's way easier than you expect.

So, what am I going to do now? First, I'll keep it coming. I'm glad that I am in a position where I can "waste" at least half an hour every day to update the Fix. Hopefully, it will stay that way.
But in the end, I think I'll have to look for someone to support me, because I can already see that these short stretches of me being unable to put up news will become more frequent. So, if you feel like sieving through 150+ websites occasionally, let me know :)

And finally, I am adamant to go to GenCon 2012. Hope to see you there.

Keep gaming,

Falk

10 comments:

  1. what you do here is a great service to the community. your 1000 hits a day is testimony to that. i, for one, am grateful you do this. it shows you truly care about tabletop gaming.

    keep going for as long as you can sir! your fans will hold you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grats on your success, your one of the top three blog/site that I check with my morning cuppa, and the format of the posts are perfect for me, brief chunk of text and picture.

    Carry on the good work sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog and as Anton said, perfect format.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep doing what your doing, yours is one of my favourite blogs simply because I would never be exposed to this many amazing models, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, do what you can whilst it remains fun !!!

    CS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only agree with the others: great work!

    Keep the updates coming as long as you enjoy the work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a daily stop for me... thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the hard work! I visit twice a day myself ;) .

    You're also a great service to all those smaller companies...I've invested in small companies rather than the largest one...and that's great for the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Falk. I subscribe to your blog via Google Reader along with about a hundred other blogs, but I always look forward to your posts: they are concise and to-the-point and tell me exactly what I need to know across a myriad of game systems and scales. If I had to choose only one blog to follow, it would be TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the nice words to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

We won't tolerate any insults, advertisement or price discussions. Keep it civilized and nice.